Praise for Tim Patrick and his Blue Eyes Band
“The perfect addition to our wedding”
I can not Rave enough about Tim Patrick and his Blue Eyes Band. They were professional, incredibly talented and the perfect addition to our wedding. We received so many compliments from the guests for our choice in music. They will not disappoint. We highly recommend them. — Alissa H
“We loved the music”
I just wanted to extend another thank you to you and the Blue Eyes Band. We loved the music at the wedding reception. We received so many compliments about the band at the reception. Both of our families especially enjoyed it. We hope to come out and see some of your performances again in the near future.
P.S. I will keep in touch about the ballroom dancing you mentioned. Katrina and I are definitely interested! Take care! — Michael Begley, July 10, 2016
“It was a huge hit”
A simply amazing night. In the many years of our annual Senior Dinner, we have NEVER had so many on the dance floor. It was a huge hit. I recommend without hesitation Tim Patrick and His Blue Eyes Band. You will NOT be disappointed. And those budget minded, he will work with you. I loved how easy it was to book based on our needs and budget. St. Louis Park “Parktacular Event”.
Tim Patrick and 4 members of his blue-eyes band played for our wedding reception. The reason I chose Tim in the first place was that I was hoping to get everyone on the dance floor! Our venue was intimate and so I knew having a DJ can be off-putting to some guests who don’t love bumpin’ in da club scenes. Everyone loved the band and they are very talented! We had people dancing off of our dance floor because it was so packed – even in the back of our venue people started dancing. Would highly recommend Tim to any couple looking for a class act for their reception — Meghan K, 9/30/2015 (Review from the “the knot” wedding website.)
“One of the most memorable parts of our wedding!”
After months of searching for DJs and not feeling confident in the quality of the DJs we were finding within our price range, my fiancee convinced me to look into bands. Tim Patrick and his Blue Eyes band was the first – and last – band we interviewed. For only a few hundred dollars more than the only DJs we talked to who seemed trustworthy, Tim provided us with an amazing value and a GREAT performance! He was extremely professional and easy to work with (in spite of our disorganization), and he and his band obviously love what they do. They provided us with great music, performed the Master of Ceremonies duties for our reception, and even learned a favorite song for us. They kept our guests dancing (as much as is possible for my non-dancing family) and even for guest who didn’t want to dance, provided some great entertainment. Throughout the evening they were willing to take requests and gave a good mix of slow and more energetic music. A few weeks later, this is probably the one single investment for our wedding that I am happiest about and the one that I believe will be most remembered by our guests — Jackie L, 9/01/2015 (Review from the “the knot” wedding website.)
“We got too many compliments to count on having found such great entertainment”
My daughter’s wedding reception at the Swedish Institute was absolutely wonderful, and a big reason was Tim and his band. We had Tim’s five-piece band play during dinner in the Nelson Cultural Center (we had hard anger fiddlers — a Norwegian thing — during cocktails in the Turnblad mansion, which is the only reason we didn’t have Tim’s band play during cocktails as well). The band was a perfect backdrop to dinner, and Tim did a fabulous job as the master of ceremonies. Then we had the band plus Tim and Maud Hixon (another singer I’d highly recommend) for post-dinner dancing. It was a major hit! Everyone was dancing, even my four-year-old niece and eighty-year-old parents, and we got too many compliments to count on having found such great entertainment. My daughter found Tim very easy to work with prior to the wedding — he made sure he knew exactly what she did and didn’t want (including songs she hates). Tim took care of arranging for Maud to join the band and paying her, so we didn’t have to do that separately. Everyone was also very accommodating — Maud and the band learned a special song for the bride and groom’s dance and Tim and the band learned another for the final dance. We — and I think everyone who attended the wedding — would highly recommend Tim, his band, and Maud Hixon! — Donna Meier (Review from the “the knot” wedding website.)
- We could not have been more pleased with Tim Patrick and his lovely Blue Eyes Band! We booked them for my parents’ 50th anniversary party, and their music was just perfect — upbeat and very enjoyable for all of our guests, which spanned a large age range. They set the perfect tone for the whole party! We especially appreciated how accommodating they were as far as allowing my dad to sing a couple of songs with them, which was one of the highlights of the evening for my family. I would recommend Tim and his band without reservation to anyone! — Michelle C.
- Tim Patrick and his Blue Eyes Band were extremely professional. 3 weeks before our event we needed to change our venue due to flooding, he was not only accommodating but very understanding. The morning of our event the stage we had rented didn’t show up with our rental items, his crew set up to play on the grass, again understanding and completly professional. I would definitely recommend Tim Patrick for anyone’s event. In fact, our members want him back again. They loved listening to him and commented several times on how beautiful a voice he has! — Darcy O.
- Thank you so much for such an incredible performance on our wedding night! You guys really rocked the house! Thank you also for being so flexible and accomodating. My new husband and I have plans to definitely come see you all again!
Best Wishes, The Millers
- Thank you to you, Tim, and the Blue Eyes Band for playing fabulous entertaining music at the New Year’s Dinner at the Gillespie Center. Thanks to you our event was a huge success. Everyone thoroughly enjoyed the music and had a lot of fun dancing as well. You guys know how to get the place hopping. It was a pleasure having you here.
M. A., Gillespie Center, Mound, MN
- Wow!! You were amazing! What a fabulous time that everyone had! I loved singing with you all too!!! Thank you for making our wedding so much fun!
Best, Colleen and Bob
- Tim and his band created the perfect atmosphere at our reception. The dance floor was crowded all night, & many guests asked where we found them. Tim has a fantastic voice, his band is super talented, and everyone is professional. It was unforgettable!
- You guys ROCK! You’ve got to be the most upbeat, energetic dance band I’ve ever seen. I’ve long despaired over all those “old time” bands that play cha-cha’s made for the 80 year old with the busted hip. You guys played a great variety of music tonight and every one of them with gusto. Thanks a TON. You guys make dancing fun.
We enjoyed the performance that you provided at our wedding reception. You and your Blue Eyes Band created a very special and memorable atmosphere for our reception. We heard so many wonderful compliments about your band; everyone said that they love your music, singing, and performance. Thanks so much for doing a couple of our special song requests. My beautiful bride enjoyed the dance with you–it was fun to watch! Deb was honored to dance with you. Thanks so much for the special memories!
We will see you again as often as we can, as you perform around the Twin Cities. We’ll see you on New Year’s Eve!
With great appreciation,
Duane & Deb
- “Tim Patrick is a musician’s singer. He possesses many rare and natural gifts; a beautiful voice, perfect instincts, great timing, and musical integrity. His love for music and his belief in what he is singing is evident in each performance. With boundless energy and enthusiasm, he sings from the “inside” of each song. As a pianist performing with Tim, my role as accompanist was allowed to be free and effortless. Each song was completed with alacrity and in the moment. I am very grateful and honored to have been chosen to be a part of his musical journey.” — Joanne Grauer, Reno, Nevada (Joanne’s credits include being pianist for Andy Williams, Michael Feinstein, The Osmonds, The Lennon Sisters, Paul Williams, and other superstars.)
- “A fine ballad singer from Minnesota who only began singing professionally a few years ago, Tim Patrick puts a lot of feeling and affection into the songs on his self-produced ‘The Shadow of Your Smile.’ His intrepretations are inviting and accessible, and he does justice to the words he sings.” From Scott Yanow’s new book, “The Jazz Singers…The Ultimate Guide”
- “One word — “wow.” I love it, especially your song ‘Layin’ it Down for Love.’ Todd is an unbelievable arranger. I really like what he did with the two songs that we wrote. I had no idea he was so talented as an arranger. Your vocals sound great—I like the way you sound on this CD better than your first CD.”— Mark Chergosky (commenting about my newest CD “Layin’ It Down”)
- “I’ve really enjoyed your CD! You have an outstanding voice — I’m especially impressed with your sense of pitch. The musicianship is also stellar. I think my favorite tunes are ‘Moon River’ and ‘Fly Me to the Moon.’ Your departure from the written melody at the end of ‘Moon River’ worked beautifully.” — Mark Chergosky, Composer/Songwriter, Minnesota
- “Working with an artist like Tim makes my job of mixing and mastering so much easier. Folks, what you hear on this album is exactly what Tim did in the studio. In this day of recording artists relying on black boxes to ‘help’ their final recordings, it’s such a pleasure to be able to say that with Tim, what you hear on this CD is what you’ll hear from him live. Great pitch, wonderful expression…if you get a chance to experience him live, don’t miss it.” — Michael Eardley, Tanglewood Productions, Reno, Nevada
- “What a wonderful performance at the Burnsville Performing Arts Center. The show was spectacular. We enjoyed it very much. What a wonderful way to celebrate Valentine’s Day. Loved it.” — Joyce and Rich F.
- “Thank you very much for a wonderful concert performance at the Eagan Market Fest event this past Wednesday. I had many folks seek me out to tell me how much they enjoyed your band and the music.” — Kerry Phillips, Marketfest Coordinator
- “Hi, Tim – just wanted to tell you how much I enjoyed your concert tonight at Civic Center Park in Burnsville. I know our group will feel the same way when they hear you this fall. I specially loved ‘New York, New York’ — a great way to end the evening.”
- “I wanted to thank you so much for the wonderful evening of music you and the band provided us on our wedding day. I know it was a small crowd but we all (especially the children) loved the music you provided and the effort you made to help us celebrate our special day. You were professional, your music was exactly as described and we received many comments on the wonderful band. Our families enjoyed the evening and we have memories that will last a lifetime. Thanks again for coming in last minute, for making our day so wonderful.” — Del and Erik A. (Bride and Groom)
- “We did not have much opportunity immediately after you performed, but I did want to share with you that you and your band were a great hit with our GALA audience. In this morning’s debriefing, our CEO said, “You hit one out of the park by getting Tim Patrick…” Other committee members noted that they had not seen the audience hoot with pleasure at our entertainment in past years. Thank you for a great show, please thank your band members who are so good and give a very tight set, and I look forward to opportunities to recommend you to others.” — S.B., Masonic Home Charities
- “I just wanted to send a quick note of thank for the wonderful music you, your band, and Christine provided for our Wedding. You kept our guests entertained all night long through your variety of music and we continued to get asked where our guests could come watch you play. We had guests ranging in age from 5 to 92 and they were all on the dance floor enjoying themselves! We also appreciated that you took the time to learn our special request songs; you and your band performed them perfectly and it meant a lot to have those songs included in our reception. I would highly recommend you and your band for any wedding or event and would be happy to provide that recommendation should you need a referral. Thank you again for making our wedding truly memorable and special. I continue to listen to your CD in my car and it brings back wonderful memories. Thanks again, Tim.” — K&S Johnson, Bride and Groom
- “Many great things were said about you and the band. It could not have been more PERFECT! We really appreciated all you did for us. Please feel free to use us as a reference. Thanks again!” — B.W., SecurePathSM by Transamerica, St. Paul, MN
- “I am a music therapist at a nursing home in Hopkins. You performed today for our facility’s birthday party, and I must say, you were spectacular! What a wonderful gift to have discovered, and we are very blessed that you are sharing it with so many! Thank you, and I wish you all the best!” — M.G., Augustana Chapel View Care Center, Hopkins, MN
- “Tim Patrick and his band added a huge contribution to our wedding. They were prompt, organized, professional and accommodating to our schedule. They were just what I had in mind and just what they said they were in their bio. I would recommend them to anyone for a classy wedding or other similar type function.” — Justin M., Groom and Sarah, Bride